The Montana Asthma Control Program has been holding two to three webinars per year since 2010 to provide continuing education opportunities for health care providers in Montana. Each of the webinars below has been approved for 1 CE by the Montana Board of Pharmacy and/or the Montana Board of Respiratory Care Practitioners. Since these agencies are both approved accrediting organizations for continuing education, CEs provided by them may be applicable to other professions, such as nurses. Check with your accrediting agency to see if they can work for you!
We attempt to record all of our webinars, and they are posted here in our archives within a week of airing. After viewing, please complete our evaluation to receive your CE certificate.
- August 17, 2017: Keeping Kids Healthy in School: Working with school nurses and resources to help patients afford care - BJ Biskupiak, School Health Program Coordinator, MT DPHHS, Rachel Donahoe, Children's Special Health Services Section Supervisor, MT DPHHS, and Erica Harp, RN, BSN, Lead School Nurse, Great Falls
- May 18, 2017: Complementary and Alternative Methods (CAM) for asthma: What patients are using, why they're using it, and could/should you do anything about it? - Maureen George, PhD, RN, AE-C, FAAN, Associate Professor at Columbia University School of Nursing
- January 19, 2017: Spirometry: A key measurement in diagnosing and treating asthma - Bill Pruit, MBA, RRT, CPFT, AE-C, FAARC, Director of Clinical Education, Department of Cardiorespiratory Care at the University of South Alabama
- View a recording of the January 2017 webinar.
- This webinar was re-recorded after previously being presented in August 2014. It has a companion presentation that you can find below, offered in February 2015.
- August 18, 2016: Hookah and e-cigarettes: What you should know- Dr. Mary Martinasek, PhD, RRT, AE-C, University of Tampa
- May 13, 2016: Patient Care for American Indians- Kassie Runsabove, Child Ready MT Program Coordinator and Cultural Liaison, St. Vincent Healthcare
- February 11, 2016: Asthma Self-Management Education- Jan Fields, PhD, RRT, AE-C, National Asthma Control Program
- August 20, 2015: Reactive Airways Disease vs Asthma - Michael Zacharisen, MD Family Allergy & Asthma Care of Montana
- May 14, 2015: Talking with People about Tobacco. –Clare Lemke, RN, BSN, CTTS, Manager of the Tobacco Use Prevention Department at Livingston HealthCare, Coordinator of the Montana Tobacco Free Medical Campus and Behavioral Health Project with the Montana Tobacco Use Prevention Program (MTUPP).
- February 19, 2015: Spirometry: Application in Practice - Bill Pruitt, MBA, RRT, CPFT, AE-C, FAARC, Director of Clinical Education, Department of Cardiorespiratory Care at the University of South Alabama.