Electronic Income Withholding Orders (e-IWO)
Montana CSED encourages employers to register and utilize the e-IWO method for receiving and responding to income withholding orders as a efficient, cost-effective option to receive and acknowledge orders.
Through income withholding employers collect over 70% percent of all child support payments in the nation. The Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) works with states and employers to automate the income withholding process with electronic income withholding orders (e-IWO).
In addition to receipt and acknowledgment of income withholding orders, e-IWO also allows employers to notify states of lump sum/bonus payments and employee terminations.
What you need to know about e-IWO
- Uses Secure File Transfer Protocol to send electronic IWOs
- IWOs are not sent via e-mail
- A centralized process through OCSE that eliminates the need for individual state processes
- Saves time and money
Two ways to implement e-IWO:
- System-to-System - Large employers can benefit by fully automating the process to receive files electronically
- No Programming Option (NPO)
- Easy to implement with limited resources required
- Receive IWOs in .pdf format and respond easily using a spreadsheet or fillable .pdf document