Maternal and Child Health
April 2017 - Teen Pregnancy
March 2017 - Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
February 2017 - National Children's Dental Month
August 2016 - Breastfeeding
July 2016 - Newborn Screening
- About 1 in 300 newborns has a metabolic, hormonal or functional disorder that can cause disability, developmental delay, illness or death.
- Through early detection and intervention by a newborn screening program these impacts can be prevented or minimized, so all babies born in Montana—no matter in a hospital, birthing center, or at home—needs to be screened.
- Follow-up testing, treatment and intervention services are available in Montana.
March 2016 - Oral Health
- The #1 chronic disease among children is tooth decay and 2 out of 3 children in Montana have at least one cavity by 3rd grade.
- Tooth decay-causing bacteria can be passed from parent to child; prevention starts during pregnancy.
- Adequate fluoride during early childhood can prevent tooth decay.