Nurturing Children, Supporting Communities,
Helping to prevent child abuse and neglect in Montana is easier than ever.
Thank you for considering a tax deductible donation to ensure children across Montana grow up in nurturing families and communities, healthy and ready to succeed. Your investment will support programs that help families get the support they need to give children a healthy start from prenatal care to school age and beyond.
Our funding options include:
- Individual Giving
- General Donations
- Memorial Donations: Make a donation in honor of or as a gift to a loved one. Should you wish, we will send a letter to the person being honored, or the family of a memory donation, letting them know of your generosity in their name. Please see the “note” option on the donation page to identify the individual you would like to honor and where you would like a letter.
- Event Donations:
- Halloween Fun Fest: Each Fall, we provide a free event to children and families in a safe, warm environment. This provides children and their caregivers an opportunity to enjoy games, prizes and treats and to learn about services available in our state for families and children.
- Blue Sunday: Blue Sunday is an opportunity to raise awareness of child abuse and neglect and the MT CTF mission in churches and religious institutions throughout Montana. Churches are encouraged to host an awareness activity. Please see the “note” option to identify your affiliation. Blue Sunday can be any Sunday of your church’s choice but National Blue Sunday will always be the last Sunday in April, which is Child Abuse Prevention Month.
- Child Abuse Prevention Awareness Month: During April, and throughout the year, the MT CTF works across Montana to raise awareness of child abuse and neglect prevention services. Some of these activities include: blue pinwheel displays (the symbol of a happy healthy childhood), media activities, and community engagement.
- Endowment: A tax-deductible donation to the Endowment Fund ensures the continuation of Interest Earnings available for future funding of community-based programs.
Other Ways to Give:
- Ask about corporate matching gifts: Your gift could be doubled or even tripled by your employer! Many organizations will match an employee’s charitable donations. Contact your Human Resources Department to see if your employer supports a matching gift program. Email us if we can help with required paperwork.
- Income Tax Return: Check the Child Abuse Prevention donation box on your income tax return form. What Can You Do With A Dollar? (Video)
- Get involved: Contact us for ways to volunteer in your community. Become a parent leader. Share this link on your social media pages or via email and encourage your friends to donate. Like us on Facebook and Twitter. Share our social media pages and posts.
- Use the online donation system or mail your tax deductible donation to:
Montana Children’s Trust Fund
PO Box 4210
Helena MT 59604-4210.
If you have questions, you may contact Jamey Petersen at (406) 444-3002 or JPetersen@mt.gov.