Child Abuse & Neglect Prevention Month 2017
April is Child Abuse & Neglect Prevention Month. Join us to promote the safety and well-being of Montana's kids and the value of child abuse prevention. Programs throughout Montana are hosting activities to help strengthen families during the month of April. Check out statewide events to learn about what is going on in your community!
- Go Blue Every Monday! Show your support of Montana families and prevention work by wearing blue throughout April! Share your selfies on our Facebook page using #GOBLUE!
- Pinwheels For Prevention Pinwheel display around the Capitol Building lawn - April 23-30
- Volunteer to plant pinwheels around the Capitol on April 23rd at 12:30 PM!
- See the Capitol Dome turn Blue for Child Abuse Prevention!
- Attend the Reading and Resource Fair event on April 25 from 9 to 11 AM at the State Capitol Building Rotunda.
- Make your own pinwheels
- Pinwheel Coloring Page
- Attend the Child Abuse & Neglect Conference.
- Follow Montana Children's Trust Fund on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with April's prevention activities and news.
- Visit the National Child Abuse Prevention Month website to find useful resources:
- 2017 Prevention Resource Guide: Making Meaningful Connections - learn how to strengthen families using the Protective Factors
- Tip sheets- give to parents and caregivers.
- Child Abuse Prevention Month widgets - post to your website to help promote the campaign.
- View the prevention video gallery, which features the "Building Community, Building Hope" series. Share the videos via email and social media to raise awareness among your networks.
- Help raise public awareness about child abuse prevention and child well-being in your community. Spread the word, create interest, and urge those in your network to get involved! These outreach tools can support your outreach and social media activities
Pinwheels for Prevention activities sponsored by: