Strengthening Families Month 2018
April is Strengthening Families Month, also known as Child Abuse & Neglect Prevention Month. Join us to promote the safety and well-being of Montana's kids and the value of child abuse prevention. Programs throughout Montana are hosting activities to help strengthen families during the month of April. Check out statewide events to learn about what is going on in your community!
- Go Blue Every Monday! Show your support of Montana families and prevention work by wearing blue throughout April! Share your selfies on our Facebook page using #GOBLUE!
- Pinwheels For Prevention Pinwheel display around the Capitol Building lawn - April 15-20
- Volunteer to plant pinwheels around the Capitol on April 15th at 12:30 PM!
- See the Capitol Dome turn Blue for Child Abuse Prevention!
- Attend the Reading and Resource Fair event on April 12 from 9 to 11 AM at the State Capitol Building Rotunda.
- Pinwheel Coloring Sheet
- Attend the Child Abuse & Neglect Conference
- Follow Montana Children's Trust Fund on Facebook
- Participate in Blue Sunday, April 29th
- Include Blue Sunday in your service with a theme of strengthening families to honor victims of child abuse and neglect and those who protect them.
- Take up a collection for the CTF to help strengthen families across Montana.
- Make and display blue pinwheels, the symbol of a happy childhood, at your church or throughout your community.
- Post a calendar of family-friendly activities available in your community.
- Host a get-together for local families.
- Train staff and volunteers about the signs of child abuse and neglect.
- Visit the National Child Abuse Prevention Month website to find useful resources:
- 2018 Prevention Resource Guide: Making Meaningful Connections - learn how to strengthen families using the Protective Factors
- Tip sheets- give to parents and caregivers.
- Child Abuse Prevention Month widgets - post to your website to help promote the campaign.
- View the prevention video gallery, which features the "Building Community, Building Hope" series. Share the videos via email and social media to raise awareness among your networks.
- Help raise public awareness about child abuse prevention and child well-being in your community. Spread the word, create interest, and urge those in your network to get involved! These outreach tools can support your outreach and social media activities
Strengthening Families Month activities sponsored by: