Child Abuse & Neglect Prevention Month 2017
April is Child Abuse & Neglect Prevention Month. This year's theme focuses on "Working Together To Strengthen Montana Families." We hope you will join us to promote the safety and well-being of Montana's kids and the importance of child abuse prevention. Organizations throughout Montana are hosting activities to help strengthen families during the month of April. Check out the statewide coordination page to learn about what is going on in your community!
- Go Blue Every Monday! Show your support of Montana families and prevention work by wearing blue throughout April and sharing your selfies on our Facebook and/or Twitter pages! #GoBlue
- Pinwheels For Prevention Pinwheel display around the Capitol Building lawn - April 23-30
- Volunteer to plant pinwheels around the Capitol on April 23rd at 12:30 PM!
- What do all these pinwheels mean?!
- See the Capitol Dome turn Blue for Child Abuse Prevention!
- Attend the Reading and Resource Fair event on April 25 from 9 to 11 AM hosted by the Montana Children's Trust Fund and The Week of The Young Child at the State Capitol Building Rotunda.
For more information, contact Jamey Petersen at 444-3002 or JPetersen@mt.gov.
- Make your own pinwheels
- Pinwheel Coloring Page
- Register and attend this year's Child Abuse & Neglect Conference in Helena.
- Follow Montana Children's Trust Fund on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with April's prevention activities and news.
- Check out April activities across the state on our events calendar.
- Visit the National Child Abuse Prevention Month website to find useful resources:
- 2017 Prevention Resource Guide: Making Meaningful Connections - learn how to strengthen families using the Protective Factors
- Tip sheets- distribute to parents and caregivers.
- Activity calendars - one for prevention programs, parents, and community partners - discover ways to integrate activities related to the protective factors into Child Abuse Prevention Month activities.
- Child Abuse Prevention Month widgets - post to your website to help promote the initiative.
- View the prevention video gallery, which features the "Building Community, Building Hope" series. You can also view and share national child abuse prevention partners' videos via email and social media to raise awareness among your networks.
- Help raise public awareness about preventing child maltreatment and enhancing child well-being in your community. Spread the word, create interest, and encourage those in your network to get involved! These outreach tools can support your promotional, outreach, and social media activities
Pinwheels for Prevention activities sponsored by: