MT has Assessors who are trained and reliable in the following scales:
- Environment Rating Scales
- Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale-R (ECERS-R)
- Infant Toddler Environment Rating Scale-R (ITERS-R)
- Family Child Care Environment Rating Scale-R (FCCERS-R)
- Program/Business Rating Scales
- Program Administration Scale (PAS) – Centers
- Business Administration Scale (BAS) – Family/Group
Assessors understand the importance of fairness, and were selected through an application and interview process, and could demonstrate availability and limited conflicts of interest. New programs will receive a baseline assessment. That report will be sent directly to the STARS consultant to review with the program. Formal assessments occur at STAR 3, STAR 4, and STAR 5 at each occurrence and annually (or every other year once a program has been at STAR 5 for one year).
Montana specific notes for the ERS Scales, Program and Business Administration Scales are updated in September and April.
ERS/PAS/BAS Additional and Montana Notes
The complete versions include both the Authors Notes for Clarification and the Montana Notes. For Montana Notes only, see the links below:
Author's Notes and Montana Notes Combined