State Innovation Model Design Planning Process
Montana will consider innovative multi-payer delivery and payment transformation models that look at ways to move the state from fee for service toward payment for value. Potential focal points include but are not limited to:
- Population health needs identified in Montana’s State Health Improvement Plan
- Patient Centered Medical or health homes
- Health information exchange/technology
- Improving care and efficiency and controlling cost
To design innovative models, Montana will be:
- Convening public and private payers, providers and other stakeholders through webinars and meetings.
- Conducting research to identify existing innovations and determine policy options.
- Identifying opportunities to better coordinate care and build efficiencies into Montana’s healthcare system
- Exploring opportunities to coordinate between public and private sector to control cost and improve health system performance
- Gathering input from stakeholders, including consumers, advocates, employers, community organizations, providers, local and state officials, Medicaid, and private health plans.