These frequently asked questions (FAQs) will provide answers to questions about the Montana Marijuana Program (MMP). Several terms that commonly evoke questions are defined here for your convenience. Other definitions can be found in 50-46-302, Montana Code Annotated. Questions are grouped by Registered Cardholders, Providers, and Physicians.
- Marijuana Infused Products Provider (MIPP): means a Montana resident who meets the requirements of the law, and who has applied for and received a registry ID card to manufacture and provide marijuana-infused products for a registered cardholder.
- Provider: means a Montana resident, 18 years or older, who is authorized by the department to assist a registered cardholder (as allowed by law) to obtain marijuana.
- Registered cardholder: means a Montana resident with a debilitating medical condition who has received and maintains a valid registry ID card.
- Resident: means a person who meets the requirements of the law and who does not claim residency in another state or country for any purposes. An absentee property owner who pays property tax in Montana is not resident.
- 2nd Degree of Kinship (by blood or marriage): means a mother, father, brother, sister, son, daughter, spouse, grandparent, grandchild, mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, grandparent-in-law, grandchild-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepsister, stepson, stepdaughter, stepgrandparent or stepgrandchild.
- Seedling: means a marijuana plant that has no flowers and is less than 12 inches in height and 12 inches in diameter.
The FAQs provided herein are intended to provide general information only. These FAQs should not be construed as a legal opinion or as legal advice. Interested individuals are encouraged to seek professional private legal counsel in interpreting the Montana Marijuana Act and any related judicial determinations.