Please join us for the Annual Montana Diabetes Professional Conference!
“This conference is not only an excellent way to stay abreast of the newest information on diabetes management, but also serves as a time to network with colleagues and experts to address some of the unique challenges of providing diabetes care within Montana.”
- DPHHS Medical Officer Gregory Holzman, a member of the conference planning committee
This year the 19th Annual Montana Diabetes Professional Conference will be held at the Great Northern Hotel in Helena, MT on October 27-28, 2016. Join us for this exciting & informative conference that provides annual state-of-the art training for healthcare professionals in diabetes prevention, education, and clinical care.
“This conference has consistently been the BEST source in Montana for diabetes information for medical professionals. Brings in speakers of national stature! Superbly relevant clinically! Convenient! Fun!”
- Nancy Eyler, MD, endocrinologist and member of the Montana Diabetes Advisory Coalition
The sessions are lecture-based with question and answer periods and also includes a panel session with community members.
- Medication adherence & clinical decision making
- NKDEP resources, CKD including renal disease in American Indians, medication and therapy update including medication interactions
- Exercise recommendations, and cardiovascular disease and diabetes
- Pediatric to adult transition care
- Life with type 1 diabetes from the youth and parent perspective
- Andrew Narva, MD
- Victor Montori, MD
- John Porcari, PhD, RCEP, FACSM, MAACVPR
- Gabe Blomquist, PA-C
- Maria Stewart, FNP
- Panel with community members
Visit our conference website for more information. Registration is currently open.
The conference is organized by Michelle Eckert from Conference Planning Services at the School of Extended & Lifelong Learning, University of Montana. For more information about their professional support services, please call (406) 243-6842 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Montana Diabetes Professional Conference, please contact our Office Manager.