EMS for Children Program
Program Contact Info:
Robin Suzor, EMS for Children Program Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 444-0901
The mission of the Emergency Medical Services for Children (E.M.S.C.) Program is to reduce child and youth mortality and morbidity caused by severe illness or trauma. EMS for Children aims to ensure that
- state of the art emergency medical care is available for the ill and injured child or adolescent;
- pediatric service is well integrated into an emergency medical service system backed by optimal resources; and
- the entire spectrum of emergency services, including primary prevention of illness and injury, acute care, and rehabilitation, is provided to children and adolescents as well as adults, no matter where they live, attend school or travel.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
Montana E.M.S.C.’s Program focuses on:
- Strengthening Montana’s Pediatric Readiness
- Increasing the number of Montana Hospitals that are formally recognized as a Pediatric Prepared or a Pediatric Capable Facility.
- Increasing Montana’s Emergency Medical Services Prehospital pediatric capabilities.