and Sexual Health
The Montana Family Planning Program provides reproductive and sexual health services for women in communities around the state.
Family planning clinics provide comprehensive reproductive health services to both women and men, regardless of ability to pay. Clinics offer a sliding fee scale for individuals with low incomes and those without insurance. You can also use Medicaid or other insurance to cover family planning services – just remember to bring your card to your appointment.
Find a family planning clinic near you
Services provided at family planning clinics
- Birth control counseling
- Physical exams
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Breast, cervical and testicular cancer screenings
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- HIV counseling and referrals
- HIV Rapid and Blood Tests
- Health education
- Information and referrals for sterilization
- Fertility counseling and treatment
- Referrals to preventive health, social services, nutrition services, immunizations, etc.
- Community outreach
Why is family planning important?
- It saves public money - for every $1 invested in helping women prevent pregnancies saved over $5.00 in public expenditures
- Promotes planned, healthy pregnancies
- Focuses on prevention of unintended pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections
- Make it easy for people to connect with the services they need
- Provides high-quality, confidential services to clients
Helen McCaffrey, MPH
Section Supervisor, Women’s and Men’s Health Section
Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services
1400 E Broadway A116
Helena MT 59620