The Montana Asthma Advisory Group
The Montana Asthma Advisory Group, or MAAG, is a diverse team of stakeholders representing more than 25 agencies from across the state who meet regularly to provide guidance and advice on asthma control efforts statewide. Our mission is to foster partnerships to improve asthma management, enhance quality of life, reduce disparities and prevent asthma-related deaths.
1st Meeting of 2021
When: May 21, 2021 | 9am - 12 pm
Where: Virtual Conference
2nd meeting of 2021
When: September 9, 2021 | 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
3rd meeting of 2021
When: December 9, 2021 | 9am - 12:00 pm
Partner Success Stories
We are proud to share the work our partners do to increase the quality of life and care for people living with asthma in Montana. Here are some highlights to provide examples of what they do every day around Montana.
- July 2020: The Montana chapter of the American Lung Association supported 17 families receiving asthma education and case management services through the Montana Asthma Home Visiting Program. The ALA contributed funding to the program and provided support to families to address environmental asthma triggers in the home environment.
- December 2019: The Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services (DPHHS) announced on Friday, December 13, 2019 its notice of intent to begin enforcing Emergency Rules that temporarily restrict the sale of flavored e-cigarette products in Montana. Enforcement of the Emergency Rules began on Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 1:00 pm. The Department’s intent is to enforce the rules for a period of 120 days from this date ending April 15, 2020. For more information on vaping and pulmonary disease visit /publichealth/mtupp/vapingpulmonarydisease.
- September 2018: Thanks to our partnerships with the Association of Asthma Educators, Skaggs School of Pharmacy, and the network of certified asthma educators serving as mentors, we have over 70 certified asthma educators across the state of Montana! Congratulations, everyone, for your hard work and the perseverance required to take this very difficult exam.
Materials from past meetings
Below are minutes from previous advisory group meetings. Inquire about meeting materials at firstname.lastname@example.org. Agendas from 2017 and older are archived, and can be provided upon request.
- Montana Asthma Data
- Key Program Documents
- Montana Asthma Advisory Group
- Asthma Home Visiting Program