Free Online Trainings for Professional Development
Trainings for school staff and coaches
The Montana Asthma Control Program is pleased to be able to offer OPI renewal units to school staff and coaches. For detailed instructions on how to receive these renewal units, please click on the applicable link below.
1 OPI renewal unit will be awarded upon the successful completion of this course. If you have any questions regarding the training, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can access the self-paced course on the Montana Office of Public Instruction Teacher Learning Hub website. This training is designed for school staff and coaches.
One OPI renewal unit will be awarded upon the successful completion of this course. If you have any questions regarding the training, please contact the OPI staff listed within the course or email the Montana Asthma Control Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trainings for childcare providers
Want to learn more about asthma and how to manage it in your daycare? Take our free online training below for childcare providers and earn 2 licensing credits.
If you would like to receive paper copies of the Montana Asthma Education for Childcare Providers Booklet, please contact the MACP at email@example.com
Blank Montana Asthma Action Plan form
The Montana Early Childhood Project at Montana State University.
In order to complete the Asthma-Friendly Childcare training, do the following:
- Take the pre-test, which should take about 10-15 minutes.
>>ENTER TRAINING HERE<<
Childcare Training Pre-Test
- Click on the link to the electronic version of the “Asthma Education for Childcare Providers” handbook and read through it carefully. This should take approximately 45 minutes.
- Listen to the presentation. Taking notes during the presentation is a good idea, as some of the information particular to Montana is not in the handbook. The presentation is 19 minutes.
- Take the post-test. The post test should take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Within five days of you submitting your post-test, we will call/email you to discuss your results. After completing this discussion, we will send you a copy of the “Asthma Education for Childcare Providers” booklet in the mail, along with a certificate of course completion.
friendly environment, or if you would like to receive hard copies of Creating Asthma Friendly Schools in Montana, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Montana Resources and Partners
- Montana Department of Environmental Quality- Clean Air Zone Montana
- Montana Office of Public Instruction- Health Enhancement Division
- Health Resources and Services Administration- Maternal and Child Health Bureau
- Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services- Childcare Licensing Bureau
- Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services- Early Childhood Services Bureau
- Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services- Family and Community Health Bureau
- Montana Early Childhood Project
National Partners and Resources
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American School Health Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention- Division of Adolescent and School Health
- Green and Healthy Tribal Schools Initiative webinars
- Environmental Protection Agency- Indoor Air Quality Tools for Schools
- Winning With Asthma (an excellent resource for coaches)
- Montana Asthma Data
- Key Program Documents
- Montana Asthma Advisory Group
- Asthma Home Visiting Program