The Montana Asthma Control Program has been holding two to three webinars per year since 2010 to provide continuing education opportunities for health care providers in Montana.
We attempt to record all of our webinars, and they are posted here in our archives within a week of airing. Health care providers and other individuals interested in asthma education are invited to complete our evaluation to receive a CE certificate.
Each of the webinars below has been approved for 1 CE by the Montana Board of Pharmacy and/or the Montana Board of Respiratory Care Practitioners. Since these agencies are both approved accrediting organizations for continuing education, CEs provided by them may be applicable to other professions, such as nurses. If you are not a Montana-based provider, please note these organizations are not national accrediting bodies, and they might not be accepted by professional organizations outside of Montana.
- April 25th, 2019: Healthy Home Solutions: Asthma and Allergies
- September 20, 2018: Acute and Chronic Disease Management in People with Substance Use Disorder, Alysse Wurcel, MD, MS, Associate Professor, Tufts University
- June 21, 2018: Preparing for Wildfire Season- Paul Smith, DO, Director of Pediatric Critical Care and Pulmonology at Community Medical Center; Marcy Ballman, PhD, Montana Health Services Manager for the American Lung Association; and BJ Biskupiak, School Health Program Coordinator, MT DPHHS
- January 17, 2018: Asthma: Key messages people need to hear- Ben Francisco, PhD, RN, NP, AE-C, Associate Teaching Professor, Pulmonary Medicine & Allergy/Child Health at the University of Missouri School of Medicine
- August 17, 2017: Keeping Kids Healthy in School: Working with school nurses and resources to help patients afford care - BJ Biskupiak, School Health Program Coordinator, MT DPHHS; Rachel Donahoe, Children's Special Health Services Section Supervisor, MT DPHHS; and Erica Harp, RN, BSN, Lead School Nurse, Great Falls
- May 18, 2017: Complementary and Alternative Methods (CAM) for asthma: What patients are using, why they're using it, and could/should you do anything about it? - Maureen George, PhD, RN, AE-C, FAAN, Associate Professor at Columbia University School of Nursing
- January 19, 2017: Spirometry: A key measurement in diagnosing and treating asthma - Bill Pruitt, MBA, RRT, CPFT, AE-C, FAARC, Director of Clinical Education, Department of Cardiorespiratory Care at the University of South Alabama
- August 18, 2016: Hookah and e-cigarettes: What you should know- Dr. Mary Martinasek, PhD, RRT, AE-C, University of Tampa
- May 13, 2016: Patient Care for American Indians- Kassie Runsabove, Child Ready MT Program Coordinator and Cultural Liaison, St. Vincent Healthcare
- February 11, 2016: Asthma Self-Management Education- Jan Fields, PhD, RRT, AE-C, National Asthma Control Program