Tobacco Use & Prevention
June 2017 - Montana Tobacco Quit Line
- For adult smokers wanting to quit, using a telephone or online-based quit line is one of the most effective ways to "kick the habit."
- 31,000 callers have quit tobacco for good using the Montana Tobacco Quit Line.
- Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW today for help quitting all tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, smokeless and pipe tobacco.
January 2017 - E-cigarette Use a Serious Public Health Concern
- In Montana, 30% of high school students use e-cigarettes – over 7 times the rate of use among adults.
- Most e-cigarettes contain nicotine, a highly addictive substance that is unsafe for youth and their developing brains.
- The Surgeon General declared the rapid rise in e-cigarette use among youth as a serious public health concern in a report issued December 8th, 2016.