Montana’s Centenarians Search
The Governor’s Advisory Council on Aging would like to recognize all Montanan’s that are, or will be 100 years of age or older by December 31st, 2018.
Montana’s 2010 census showed that we had 175 centenarians and it is estimated by 2025, we will have over 3,000. For the 2017 Governor’s Co-Conference held in Kalispell and Glendive September 2017, we recognized 113 centenarians and honored a total of 12 in person at the two conference luncheons. By recognizing the oldest of Montana’s elders and honoring them, we hope to raise the public’s awareness of our aging society. The 2018 Conference on Aging will be held in Helena at the Radisson Colonial Hotel on September 25th -27th: The Centenarian Banquet will be in the late afternoon on September 25th. This will be the 50th Annual Governor's Conference on Aging. The theme is "Rock Your Age, Celebrating Aging in Montana" and much celebration is planned.
If you are a Centenarian or are aware of one and would like them to receive a Certificate of Recognition from the Governor, please supply us the following information:
- Centenarian's Name.*
- Contact person (who to send certificate to).*
- Contact person’s phone number *
- Contact person's e-mail address *
- Mailing address (where to send the certificate).*
- Birth date of Centenarian.*
- Is the Centenarian a Veteran? *
- Where were they born?
- If not born in Montana, what is their story on how they got to Montana?
- Where do they live now?
- What is the Centenarian's living arrangement? In a care facility? If so, name of facility.
- What is the secret to their longevity?
- What has been the most amazing event in their life that they would like to share?
- What is their favorite quote?
- Anything else they would like us to know about the centenarian?
- The Centenarian Banquet will be held on September 25th, 2018 in conjunction with the 50th Annual Governor's Conference on Aging. Is the centenarian willing and able to attend the 2018 Centenarian Banquet?
Contact Person for Luncheon arrangements
17. If attending the Centenarian Luncheon at the Conference, please provide a picture of the centenarian.
NOTE: * First seven items must be completed in order to receive a certificate.
Centenarian Information Online Form
Centenarian Information Form (pdf)
Each year at the Governor's Conference on Aging, we want to recognize Montana’s centenarians. Even if we have honored or recognized them before, we want to continue to acknowledge their achieving centenarian status and each year over age 100 is an amazing accomplishment.
We continue the process to identify and recognize Montana’s centenarians, those who will reach the age 100 this year, as well as all those who are over 100.
We would also like to identify and honor Montana’s oldest citizen, so please provide the information above even if you have received a certificate in previous years and have attended a Centenarian Luncheon at previous Governor’s Conferences on Aging.
Please complete the electronic (online form) or send your centenarian information to:
DPHHS – SLTC – Aging Services
PO Box 4210
Helena MT 59604-4210
or - email firstname.lastname@example.org
or - call Senior and Long Term Care at (406) 444-4077. (1-800-332-2272)
More information about the conference is forth coming. State tuned and continue to check web site at
2018 Governor's Conference on Aging
2017 Centenarian Luncheon Highlights