FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 21, 2017
Contact: Jon Ebelt, Public Information Officer, DPHHS, (406) 444-0936
Chuck Council, Communications Specialist, DPHHS, (406) 444-4391
DPHHS wants to hear from Montana Centenarians
Governor’s Conferences on Aging scheduled for Kalispell, Glendive
The Department of Public Health and Human Services (DPHHS) wants to honor Montana Centenarians at the 49th annual Governor’s Conference on Aging in September. The event takes place in two locations this year in Kalispell and Glendive. Centenarians will be honored at noon luncheons on the first day of each conference.
DPHHS is asking Montanans who will turn age 100 as of December 31, 2017 or those who are already over the age of 100 to submit their name and a brief profile. All Centenarians who submit information will receive a recognition proclamation from Governor Steve Bullock.
Centenarians, or friends or family members, are encouraged to supply DPHHS with the following information by August 1, 2017 so they can be recognized.
(NOTE: The first five items are required in order to receive a certificate.)
1. Centenarian's Name.
2. Contact person (who to send certificate to).
3. Contact person’s phone number and email address
4. Mailing address (where to send the certificate).
5. Birth date of Centenarian.
6. Are they a World War II Veteran?
7. Where were they born?
8. If not born in Montana, what is their story on how they got to Montana?
9. What is the secret to their longevity?
10. What has been the most amazing event in their life that they would like to share?
11. What is their favorite quote?
12. Anything else they would like us to know about the centenarian?
13. If planning to attend either of the centenarian luncheons, please provide a picture of the centenarian when you send in the information above.
Please send Centenarian information to:
Governor’s Conference on Aging-Centenarians
P.O. Box 4210
Helena, MT 59604-4210
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or submit your information online at Montana Centenarian's Program or http://dphhs.mt.gov/SLTC/aging/centenarians.
This year’s Conference on Aging is designed to raise the public’s awareness of the state’s current senior population, as well as focus attention on the impact of the baby boomer generation which started turning 65 in 2011. The conference theme this year is: “Age Out Loud”. The Kalispell conference is slated for September 7-8 at the Red Lion Kalispell and the Glendive conference is scheduled for September 12-13 at the Eastern Plains Event Center. The conference is being held in two locations this year in order to increase access.
Montana’s 2010 census showed that Montana is home to 175 centenarians and that it is one of the fastest growing segments of our aging population.
Centenarians in the western part of the state are encouraged to attend the Kalispell luncheon and those from central and eastern Montana are invited to attend the Glendive luncheon.
Registration for the conference is now open. For more information about the event, including how to register, go to the conference website at http://dphhs.mt.gov/SLTC/aging/GovernorsConferenceonAging.
Or individuals can call toll-free 1-800-332-2272 and ask for the Office on Aging or (406) 444-4077.