Nurturing Children, Strengthening Families, Supporting Communities
Montana has healthy families, and children are safe from abuse and neglect.
The Montana Children's Trust Fund strategically supports initiatives to effectively strengthen Montana's families and keep children safe from abuse and neglect.
The following principles guide the Montana Children's Trust Fund's work:
Our Montana children, ages birth to 18 years:
- Are born into and raised in safe, stable, nurturing environments; and
- Have parents who have confidence in their parenting skills, and who know where to go for help.
Our Montana communities:
- Provide the training for parenting skills that people need and want;
- Have resource directories in place so families can access and apply for services in streamlined ways;
- Acknowledge the best practice parent approaches and specifically know about and value the protective factors;
- Consider raising children a community priority and collective responsibility; and
- Learn from each other about the most effective approaches for parenting.