Nurturing Children, Supporting Communities,
- Volunteer at our events! Contact us for ways to volunteer in your local community.
- Participate in Strengthening Families Month and #406Rocks!
- Become a parent leader in your community.
- Share this link on your social media pages or via email to encourage your friends to donate and get involved
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Share our social media pages and posts.
If you have questions, you may contact Melissa Lavinder at (406) 444-3002 or MLavinder@mt.gov.
Want to help, but don't have the time?
Thank you for considering a tax deductible donation to ensure children across Montana grow up in nurturing families and communities, healthy and ready to succeed. Your investment will support programs that help families get the support they need to give children a healthy start from prenatal care to school age and beyond.
Our funding options include:
- Individual Giving
- General Donations
- Memorial Donations: Make a donation in honor of or as a gift to a loved one. Should you wish, we will send a letter to the person being honored, or the family of a memory donation, letting them know of your generosity in their name. Please see the “note” option on the donation page to name the individual you would like to honor and where you would like a letter.
- Event Donations:
- Blue Sunday: Blue Sunday is an opportunity to raise awareness of child abuse and neglect and the MT CTF mission in churches and religious institutions throughout Montana. Churches are encouraged to host an awareness activity. Please see the “note” option to identify your affiliation. Blue Sunday can be any Sunday of your church’s choice but National Blue Sunday will always be the last Sunday in April, which is Child Abuse Prevention Month.
- Child Abuse Prevention Awareness Month: During April, and throughout the year, the MT CTF works across Montana to raise awareness of child abuse and neglect prevention services.
- Endowment: A tax deductible donation to the Endowment Fund ensures the Interest Earnings remain available for future funding of community-based programs.
Use the online donation system or mail your tax deductible donation to:
Montana Children’s Trust Fund
PO Box 4210
Helena MT 59604-4210
Other Ways to Give:
- Ask about corporate matching gifts: Your gift could be doubled or even tripled by your employer! Many organizations will match an employee’s charitable donations. Contact your Human Resources Department to see if your employer supports a matching gift program. Email me if I can help with required paperwork.
- Income Tax Return: Check the Child Abuse Prevention donation box on your income tax return form. What Can You Do With A Dollar? (Video)
- Planned Giving:
- Bequests: Giving a charitable donation through your will leaves a lasting imprint. Sample language would be: I, [Full Name], give, devise and bequeath to the Montana Children's Trust Fund located in Helena, Montana, the sum of [Amount] dollars (or [Amount] percent) of the residue of my estate (or other personal property appropriately described) to be used as its Board of Directors shall deem advisable to best promote the Montana Children's Trust Fund's objectives.
- Deferred Gift Annuities: You can give your stock to the Montana Children's Trust Fund and receive an immediate charitable tax deduction. The annuity can make annual retirement income payments to you for the rest of your life. Work with your estate or tax planner to ensure proper documentation and tax credit for donation.
- Life Insurance Beneficiaries: If your family is grown, naming the Montana Children's Trust Fund as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy is a great way to keep your legacy strong and to help serve Montana families.
- Real Property: A gift of real property can drastically reduce your taxes and meet your charitable goals. Gifts of property can be used directly by MT CTF, used as collateral for expansion projects, or sold for cash for the organization.