Electronic Income Withholding Orders (e-IWO)
the CSSD encourages employers to use the e-IWO method for receiving and responding to income withholding orders.
The Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) works with states and employers to automate the income withholding process.
The e-IWO process also allows employers to notify states of lump sum/bonus payments and employee terminations.
What you need to know about e-IWO
- Uses a Secure File Transfer to send electronic IWOs
- IWOs are not sent via e-mail
- A centralized process through OCSE that eliminates the need for individual state processes
- Saves time and money
Two ways to implement e-IWO:
- System-to-System - Large employers can benefit by fully automating the process to receive files electronically
- No Programming Option (NPO)
- Easy to implement with limited resources required
- Receive IWOs in .pdf format and respond easily using a spreadsheet or fillable .pdf document