Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC) Committees
Executive Committee (SILC Bylaws, Article VIII, Committees)
Members: Scott Birkenbuel, Chair, Jenifer Cleland, Vice Chair, Carlos Ramalho, Secretary
Duties: The Executive Committee shall consist of the Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson and Secretary and shall have the authority of the SILC in the management of the business of the SILC between meetings of the SILC, subject to the policies established by the SILC (SILC Bylaws, Article IV, Officers and Duties, Section 3). The Executive Committee serves in an advisory capacity to the SILC.
In addition, the Committee:
- Is responsible for monitoring SILC functioning and structure.
- Is responsible for setting the agenda of SILC meetings.
- Initiates recommendations of dismissal of SILC members to be forwarded to the Governor.
- Makes appointments to fill the unexpired terms of any elected officer when vacancies occur.
Duties: Members examine and develop methods and materials to inform consumers and the general public about independent living.
Nominations/Membership Committee (SILC Bylaws, Article VIII, Committees)
Members: All SILC Members
Duties: The Nominations Committee presents nominations for each position prior to the election of officers.
- All members of the SILC are considered members of the Nominations committee and are responsible for recruiting, nominating and orientating new members for the SILC.
SPIL Evaluation Committee (SILC Bylaws, Article VIII, Committees)
Members: Scott Birkenbuel, Tom Osborn, Mike Mayer, Carlos Ramahlo
Duties: The SPIL Evaluation Committee reviews, monitors and evaluates provisions for the State Plan. The Committee will:
- Guide the process of writing a new plan every three years.
- Report to the SILC on outcomes related to SPIL objectives.
- Make recommendations for amendments to the SPIL.
- Review and approve the format of the CIL review process and make recommendations as necessary.
- The Committee shall include at least one director from the network of CILs.
Consumer Satisfaction and Needs Assessment
Duties: Develop an effective Consumer Satisfaction Survey and Needs Assessment.