Vocational Rehabilitation Services
You are eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation if you meet all three of the following criteria:
- You have a physical or mental disability
- Your disability prevents you from getting or keeping a job
- You want to work and you need VR services to help you get or keep a job.
The types of services provided are based on what you need to get and keep a job. Services may include some of the following.
- Evaluation Services– Medical, psychological, and vocational evaluations may be used to determine your rehabilitation needs, limitations, interests and abilities.
- Career Counseling and Guidance Services – Using the evaluation information, you and your counselor will develop an individualized plan for employment (IPE) outlining the services you require to get and keep a job.
- Medical or Psychological Services – These services may be available on a limited basis should you need them to get and keep a job.
- Training– Vocational Rehabilitation may coordinate and help fund such services as on-the-job training, job coaching, business/trade school, college or other vocational programs if you need them to qualify for employment.
- Job Development and Placement Services – Vocational Rehabilitation will provide assistance to help you with your job search.
- Rehabilitation Technology – You and your counselor may identify and obtain adaptive aids or equipment necessary to help you get or keep a job. For example, computer adaptations, workstations, modifications, etc.
- Post Employment Services – Once you are employed, support services related to your disability may be provided to help you keep your job.
- Referrals – Vocational Rehabilitation can coordinate with other programs and services to increase your opportunities for employment.
For some Vocational Rehabilitation services, you must meet financial criteria.
To apply, contact the office nearest you
- Appeal Rights
- Assistive Technology
- Business Services
- Contact MVR
- Extended Employment
- MVR Services
- Policy and Documents
- State Rehabilitation Council
- Useful Links
- VR Offices by County