Self-Direction Waiver Options
DDP implemented the expanded Self-Direction with Employer Authority Option in the DDP Waivers beginning January 1, 2012.
Support Broker Requirements in Self-Direction with Employer Support - 05/03/2016
Persons who are managing their own employees are encouraged to have the services of a Support Broker to provide assistance in Self-Directing services for the first year following choosing this option. A participant and/or their representative is advised to implement Self-Direction with Employer Authority for those services in which they manage their own employees once a Support Broker’s services have been obtained.
Support Broker services may be provided in an unpaid or paid capacity. Unpaid persons providing Support Broker services must have first passed the State of Montana DDP written Support Broker Certification Examination.
To be paid as a Support Broker, the broker must be certified by the State of Montana DDP. A link for the current list of Certified Support Brokers can be found below.
The Certified Support Broker lists should be supplied at the annual Individual Planning meetings after January 1. 2012 to all persons and their representatives who have expressed their desire to begin Self-Direction with Employer Authority.
Information for Persons Interested in Self-Directing Services
- Provider Agency with Choice Training
- Provider Agency with Choice PowerPoint
Requirements for Self-Directing
Information for Support Brokers
- Support Broker Application - 09/16/11
- Support Broker Manual
- Support Broker Training Handouts
- The Game of Work
- Checklist for Support Brokers
Fiscal Management Services Information for Self Direct Employers
ACUMEN CONTACT INFORMATION
4542 E. INVERNESS, SUITE 210
MESA, AZ 85206
TOLLFREE: (877) 824-9356
FAX: (866) 211-6370
- Acumen Fees - 07/01/2020
- Acumen Fee Structure 2/2014
- Acumen Fee Structure Examples 2/2014
- Self Direct Employer Handbook
- Appendices – Self Direct Employer Handbook – 12/11
Information for Case Managers
- List of Self Direct Services
- Self Direct ICP Calculator - 07/01/20 - (Excel)
- Self Direct Plan of Care
Incidents as outlined in the Incident Management Policy Manual are to be reported electronically as a General Event Report (GER) using the Therap documentation system.. If the reporter does not have an account in Therap, using a hard copy of the GER form. Hard copies of General Event Reports can be found at the bottom left of the opening screen of the Therap Montana Page.
Notifications and Incident Reports (GERs) must be submitted within the time frames specified within the Incident Management Policy. Hard copies of the GER may be faxed or scanned and e-mailed within the required timeframe to the to the Regional Office in your area listed below.
Contact the DDP Regional Office in your area to set up an account in the Therap Documentation System or College of Direct Supports.
For More Information Contact:
(406) 444-1716 (work) 406-444-0230 (fax)
- Caring for Yourself While Caring for Others a free curriculum to assist trainers in meeting the health and safety training needs for home care workers and to enhance communication between home care workers and their clients. The activities in this curriculum are designed to encourage participants in promoting safe and healthy work environments–for their clients and for themselves.
- The Homecare Workers' Handbook provides an overview of some of the topics covered in the course as well as topics that are not covered. It is a useful resource that contains practical tips for home care worker safety.