About CCR&R Agencies
The Early Childhood Services Bureau contracts with regional CCR&R agencies to offer the following services:
- Help low-income families find and pay for child care
- Offers referrals to licensed and registered child care facilities for families of all income levels
- Offer training, technical assistance, and support for child care providers
- Initiate projects to build quality child care
- Inform policy makers, businesses, and the public on child care related issues
- Advocate for child care providers and for families with children
Services to Families
Child Care Resource and Referral agencies provide referral services to families seeking child care. This includes providing parents with information regarding:
- Child Care openings,
- Location of care,
- Special circumstance information, such as does the provider offer extended hour service, has he/she completed accreditation process, or does he/she serve infants and toddlers.
Child Care Resource and Referral agencies determine eligibility for the Best Beginnings Scholarship Program for low-income families and manage state-assisted payments to providers.
Services to Providers
Child Care Resource and Referral agencies:
- Work with the local licensing specialists to present quarterly orientation sessions for new providers and provide technical assistance to providers who have been referred by licensing specialists for corrective action.
- Develop and present regular training to child care providers in the areas of:
- Child Development
- Health and Safety
- Infant and toddler care
- Sound business practices
The goal of referral services is to provide a high quality, seamless referral program to families and the community regarding child care options, types of care available, fees, and the common child care business practices. Referral services are provided by the CCR&R in each of the 7 regions. For more information, contact your local CCR&R.
Child Care Resources provides distance learning to child care providers through ChildCareTraining.org. CCR&Rs in each region are available to provide support to providers completing online coursework through ChildCareTraining.org. Technical problems related to specific website concerns should be directed to ChildCareTraining.org. CCR&Rs have computers available to take an online course if needed.