MT has assessors who are trained and reliable in the following scales:
- Environment Rating Scales
- Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale-R (ECERS-R)
- Infant Toddler Environment Rating Scale-R (ITERS-R)
- Family Child Care Environment Rating Scale-R (FCCERS-R)
- Program/Business Rating Scales
- Program Administration Scale (PAS) – Centers
- Business Administration Scale (BAS) – Family/Group
Assessors understand the importance of fairness, and were selected through an application and interview process, and could demonstrate availability and limited conflicts of interest. New programs will receive a baseline assessment. That report will be sent directly to the STARS consultant to review with the program. Formal assessments occur at STAR 3, STAR 4, and STAR 5 at each occurrence and annually (or every other year once a program has been at STAR 5 for one year).
BAS 2nd Edition Now Available
The BAS is a tool used to measure and improve business and professional practices in family child care programs all across the country. The second edition includes refinements to support the reliable use of the tool and to reflect current best practices in family child care.
Watch Video: What's New with the BAS 2nd Edition?
ERS/PAS/BAS Additional and Montana Notes
The complete versions include both the Authors Notes for Clarification and the Montana Notes. For Montana Notes only, see the links below:
Author's Notes and Montana Notes Combined - PAS and BAS
Author's Notes and Montana Notes Combined - Updated September 2018
PAS and BAS Author's Notes