May 2020 - Physical Activity to Relieve Arthritis Pain
May 2020 - National Stroke Awareness Month
- Stroke can have devastating consequences and is a leading cause of adult disability and death.
- Stroke is an emergency – calling 911 is your best option.
- Prevention is always best - there are many things you can do to reduce your risk of stroke.
May 2020 - May 5th is World Asthma Day: Focus on Asthma and Secondhand Smoke Exposure
March 2020: Diabetes Alert Day - March 24th
- Millions of people in the United States have prediabetes or diabetes, both serious health conditions, and many people are unaware they have one of these conditions.
- By enrolling in a Diabetes Prevention Program people can learn to implement healthy lifestyle changes to reduce their risks for developing diabetes.
- Find out if you or someone you know is at risk, and learn more about steps you can take to prevent or manage diabetes by using our guide and interactive map.
February 2020 - Rare Disease Awareness
February 2020 - Winter Exercise - Have Fun, Be Safe
- The benefits of exercise are well documented, but short days and cold weather can make exercising in the winter difficult.
- Pre-planning can make winter exercising both fun and safe.
- Montana has an abundance of outdoor winter activities that can help you stay active through the long winter months.
November 2019 - Diabetes Awareness Month
September 2019 - Preventing Falls: Staying Steady on Your Feet
August 2019 - Focus on Blood Clots
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) is the most common type of blood clot. Pulmonary embolism or stroke may result from a blood clot that breaks off causing a sudden blockage in the arteries to the lungs or brain.
- Symptoms of DVT may include swelling, pain or tenderness in the affected limb; usually the leg. Pulmonary embolism symptoms include difficulty breathing, chest pain, elevated heartbeat, coughing (possibly with blood), and even lightheadedness or fainting.
- Know the risk factors so you can take steps to prevent DVT. Talk to your provider if you feel you are at risk for blood clots.
May 2019 - Asthma Awareness Month
February 2019 - Cardiac Rehabilitation