October 2019 - Safe Routes to School: National Walk to School Day, October 2, 2019
September 2019: Back to School: Breakfast After the Bell
- Only 32% of students statewide ate breakfast every day of the week and 68% missed breakfast at least one day of the week.
- Studies show that kids who regularly eat a wholesome breakfast have better cognitive function and focus in the classroom.
- Schools can expand their breakfast programs with a grant from Montana No Kid Hungry.
September 2019: Back to School: Immunizations
- Common childhood infections can impact your child’s education.
- Montana has experienced outbreaks of pertussis (whooping cough), chickenpox, and mumps in school aged-children.
- Help get your child ready for school by making sure your child is up-to-date on all vaccines.
August 2019 - Back to School: Children and Adolescents with Chronic Health Conditions
- 1 in 4 U.S. children and adolescents live with a chronic health condition such as asthma, diabetes, or epilepsy.
- Chronic health conditions may affect a child’s academic achievement.
- Use a checklist to plan for the health needs of students with chronic conditions.