Montana Medical Marijuana Program
COVID19 Update: DPHHS and the Medical Marijuana Program have important updates for patients and providers related to the ongoing health crisis. Please read the document here.
For inquiries related to COVID-19 effects on the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other inquiries, please email email@example.com.
The Montana Medical Marijuana Act (MMA) has gone through extensive changes since it became law in 2004. The most recent changes occurred when the 2019 Legislature passed Senate Bill 265 (SB265) creating more detailed program regulations. Some of the provisions in the new law went into effect upon passage, May 3, 2019. Patients, providers, physicians and labs are encouraged to become familiar with the provisions of the new law.
- Proposed Rules Notice: See the proposed rules package for further information on the public hearing and comment period.
- Testing requirements reminder: starting May 1, 2020 all medical marijuana products sold must have passed testing from a licensed laboratory. This includes all products harvested, manufactured, and/or packaged before that date.
- Online business applications are temporarily disabled starting December 23, 2019 while Complia is reconfigured to comply with SB265. Temporary paper applications are available now and can be sent in via mail or email. Please note patient and agent applications are unaffected and will continue to be available online through Complia.
- New Business Canopy License Application
- New Location License Application
- Renewal Canopy Application
- Renewal Dispensary Application
- Update Application
- Additional Application Information
- New Metrc Feature: Patient Status Lookup is now available. Providers will find instructions in Metrc Bulletin #11, available through Metrc.
- Patients will be untethered from providers on or before July 1, 2020. This means patients registered with a provider will be able to purchase medicine from any registered provider. Further updates will be posted here as they become available.
Please do not call to check your status prior to 30 days from the date we receive your application.
Complia & METRC Application Quick Guide for Providers