Montana Medical Marijuana Program
A directive implementing Executive Orders 2-2020 and 3-2020 has been approved. This directive provides important policy changes that will ensure the Montana Medical Marijuana Program is able to continue to serve applicants, registered cardholders, providers and physicians while also addressing the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
For inquiries related to COVID-19 effects on the program, please email email@example.com.
For all other inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Montana Medical Marijuana Act (MMA) has gone through extensive changes since it became law in 2004. The most recent changes occurred when the 2019 Legislature passed Senate Bill 265 (SB265) creating more detailed program regulations. Some of the provisions in the new law went into effect upon passage, May 3, 2019. Patients, providers, physicians and labs are encouraged to become familiar with the provisions of the new law.
- Update on Administrative Rules: The Notice of Adoption and Amendment was published on May 15, 2020. This document contains Amendments, public comments, and department responses.
- Untethering will take place on June 2, 2020- this means all registered cardholders will be able to purchase medical marijuana products from any licensed provider. All registered cardholders and providers have been sent a letter with further information. Please see the letter to cardholders and letter to providers.
- Proposed Rules Notice: See the proposed rules package for further information on the public hearing and comment period.
- Online business applications are still temporarily disabled since December 23, 2019 while Complia is reconfigured to comply with SB265. Temporary paper applications are available now and can be sent in via mail or email. Please note patient and agent applications are unaffected and will continue to be available online through Complia.
- New Business Canopy License Application
- New Location License Application
- Renewal Canopy Application
- Renewal Dispensary Application
- Update Application
- Additional Application Information
Please do not call to check your status prior to 30 days from the date we receive your application.
Complia & METRC Application Quick Guide for Providers