Montana Medical Marijuana Program
Cardholders must have a valid registry identification card in their possession to receive marijuana and marijuana products.
|Registered Cardholder Card
|Update Provider Information
- Payment must be made online by Credit/Debit Card, ACH, or check or money order can be mailed in. Mailed in payments will be processed upon receipt and may delay your application. No cash is allowed. Do NOT send cash.
- Only one payment per application will be accepted.
- Each application must have its own individual payment.
- All fees are for the application processing and will not be refunded if the application is incomplete, denied or the card is revoked.
Registered Cardholder Application Requirements
- All registered cardholder applicants apply online via Complia’s Industry Portal.
- The following is required when submitting an application for a registered cardholder or minor cardholder
- Photo of registered cardholder applicant
- The photo must be SQUARE and properly oriented. Sideways or rectangular photos will be rejected. Please contact METRC Support if you need help rotating/cropping a photo. Photo must be a clear, color photo of the patient's unobscured face taken within the last six months to reflect the patient’s current appearance with a plain white or off-white background. The patient must be directly facing the camera, have a neutral facial expression or natural smile with both eyes open, no sunglasses, and hats removed. The photo should be from the shoulders up. Generally, the photo should look like a driver’s license or passport photo. The file may not be digitally enhanced or altered in a way that changes the patient’s appearance. Photos that do not adhere to these requirements will be rejected.
- Copy of MT Driver’s License, MT State ID, Tribal ID, or Passport. If submitting a passport, include a proof of residency document. Acceptable proof of residency documents include a utility bill or lease agreement. Contact the department for additional guidance.
- For minor cardholder applicants, a copy of MT DL, MT State ID, Tribal ID, or Passport of legal guardian
- Signed Physician Statement for a Debilitating Medical Condition
- Name and address of provider
- If a registered cardholder applicant, or legal guardian of minor applicant, plans on growing their own marijuana and rents or leases the property where they plan to cultivate and manufacture marijuana, include a notarized Property Owner Permission Form.
- For minor cardholder applicants where a legal guardian is acting as provider, the legal guardian must register as a provider.
- For minor cardholder applicants, proof of legal guardianship. Acceptable documents include birth certificate or court approved document Please contact the Montana Medical Marijuana Program for additional guidance.
- Registered cardholder applications will be processed in the order received.
- An email notification will be sent upon receipt of application. After review, an email indicating approval, rejection, or denial will be sent. Further instructions will be included if applicable.
- If your application was rejected, follow the Application Rejection Process to remediate the outstanding issues and resubmit your application
- Expiration dates will be up to 1 year (depending on the physician recommendation) from the date of the physician recommendation.
- Submit Renewal applications 30 days before expiration date to allow for processing. Renewal notifications will be emailed 30 days before cards expire.
- If unable to submit an application online or have questions regarding the application process, contact the Montana Medical Marijuana Program, (406) 444-0596.
- These changes must be submitted to the department within 10 days to avoid being revoked from the registry:
- Personal information
- Change in Provider
- Request to be removed from registry