Montana Medical Marijuana Program
Cardholders must have a valid registry identification card in their possession to receive marijuana and marijuana products.
Cardholder FAQ - (New FAQ coming soon)
|Registered Cardholder Card
|Update Provider Information
- Payment must be made online by Credit/Debit Card, ACH, or check or money order can be mailed in. Mailed in payments will be processed upon receipt and may delay your application. No cash is allowed. Do NOT send cash.
- Only one payment per application will be accepted.
- Each application must have its own individual payment.
- All fees are for the application processing and will not be refunded if the application is incomplete, denied or the card is revoked.
Registered Cardholder Application Requirements
- All registered cardholder applicants apply online via Complia’s Industry Portal.
- The following is required when submitting an application for a registered cardholder or minor cardholder
- Photo of registered cardholder applicant
- Photo must be a clear, color photo taken from the shoulders up within the last six months that reflects the applicant's current appearance. Background must be plain, light colored, and free of clutter. Patient must be directly facing the camera with a neutral facial expression or natural smile with eyes open. No hats or sunglasses are allowed. Generally, the photo should look like a driver's license or passport photo and may not be enhanced or altered in any way that changes the patient's appearance. Applications with photos that do not adhere to these guidelines will be returned for correction.
- Copy of MT Driver’s License, MT State ID, or MT Tribal ID.
- For minor cardholder applicants, a copy of MT DL, MT State ID, or MT Tribal ID of legal guardian
- Signed Physician Statement for a Debilitating Medical Condition
- Name and address of provider
- If a registered cardholder applicant, or legal guardian of minor applicant, plans on growing their own marijuana and rents or leases the property where they plan to cultivate and manufacture marijuana, include a notarized Property Owner Permission Form.
- For minor cardholder applicants, proof of legal guardianship. Acceptable documents include birth certificate or court approved document. Please contact the Montana Medical Marijuana Program for additional guidance.
- Registered cardholder applications will be processed in the order received.
- An email notification will be sent upon receipt of application. After review, an email indicating approval, return for correction, or denial will be sent. Further instructions will be included if applicable.
- If your application was returned for correction, follow the Application Rejection Process to remediate the outstanding issues and resubmit your application
- Expiration dates will be up to 1 year (depending on the physician recommendation) from the date of the physician recommendation.
- Submit Renewal applications 30 days before expiration date to allow for processing. Renewal notifications will be emailed 30 days before cards expire.
- If unable to submit an application online or have questions regarding the application process, contact the Montana Medical Marijuana Program, (406) 444-0596.
- These changes must be submitted to the department within 10 days to avoid being revoked from the registry:
- Personal information
- Change in Provider
- Request to be removed from registry