Montana Medical Marijuana Program
Employees (Agents) need to have their employee badge on them at all times during working hours.
- Payment must be made online by Credit/Debit Card, ACH, or mail in a check or money order. Mailed in payments will be processed upon receipt and may delay your application. No cash is allowed. Do NOT send cash.
- Each application must have its own individual payment.
- All fees are for the application processing and will not be refunded if the application is incomplete, denied or the card is revoked.
Employee Application Requirements
- All employee applicants will apply online via Complia’s Industry Portal
- The following is required when you submit your application for an employee badge
- Photo of the employee applicant
- The photo must be SQUARE and properly oriented. Sideways or rectangular photos will be rejected. Please contact METRC Support for assistance rotating/cropping a photo. Photo must be a clear, color photo of the patient's unobscured face taken within the last six months to reflect the patient’s current appearance with a plain white or off-white background. The patient must be directly facing the camera, have a neutral facial expression or natural smile with both eyes open, no sunglasses, and hats removed. The photo should be from the shoulders up. Generally, the photo should look like a driver’s license or passport photo. The file may not be digitally enhanced or altered in a way that changes the patient’s appearance. Photos that do not adhere to these requirements will be rejected.
- Employees working at a lab must submit fingerprints and have their background check complete before an application can be processed.
- Copy of MT Driver’s License, MT State ID, Tribal ID, or Passport. If submitting a passport, include a proof of residency document. Acceptable proof of residency documents include a utility bill or lease agreement. Please contact the department for additional guidance.
- Employee applications will be processed in the order received
- An email notification will be sent upon receipt of application. After review, an email indicating approval, rejection, or denial will be sent. Further instructions will be included if applicable.
- If your application was rejected, follow the Application Rejection Process to remediate the outstanding issues and resubmit your application.
- Expiration dates will be 1 year from the day an application is approved.
- Submit Renewal applications 30 days before expiration date to allow for processing. Renewal notifications will be emailed 30 days before badges expire.
- Contact Montana Medical Marijuana Program (406) 444-0596 for questions regarding the application process
- These changes must be submitted to the department within 10 days to avoid being revoked from the registry:
- Personal information
- Begin working for a lab
- Request to be removed from registry