Department of Public Health and Human Services
Montana Medical Marijuana Program » Industry Employees
Montana Medical Marijuana Program
- A valid Agent Badge is required to work for a Medical Marijuana Program licensed business.
- All employee applicants apply for an Agent Badge online via Complia’s Industry Portal.
- Employee applications will be processed in the order received.
- Industry employees are not required to be Montana residents.
- An email notification will be sent upon receipt of application. After review, an email indicating approval, rejection, or denial will be sent. Further instructions will be included if applicable.
- Expiration dates will be 1 year from the day an application is approved.
- Agent applicants will receive a temporary badge via email after approval.
- Badge must always be clearly visible while working per ARM 37.107.118 (2).
- Replacement badges are available for lost, stolen, or damaged badges by completing a "Report Lost Agent Badge" application in Complia.
- Photo of the employee applicant
- Photo must be a clear, color photo taken from the shoulders up within the last six months that reflects the applicant's current appearance. Background must be plain, light colored, and free of clutter. Applicant must be directly facing the camera with a neutral facial expression or natural smile with eyes open. No hats or sunglasses are allowed. Generally, the photo should look like a driver's license or passport photo and may not be enhanced or altered in any way that changes the applicant's appearance. Applications with photos that do not adhere to these guidelines will be returned for correction.
- Industry employees working at a testing lab must submit fingerprints and have their background check complete before an application can be processed.
- Copy of valid identification – options include a driver’s license, state ID, tribal ID, or passport. Industry employees are not required to be Montana residents.
- Submit Renewal applications 30 days before expiration date to allow for processing. Renewal reminder notifications will be sent to the email address on file prior to expiration.
- Payment must be made online by Credit/Debit Card, ACH, or check or money order can be mailed in. Mailed in payments will be processed upon receipt and may delay your application.
- Each application must have its own individual payment.
- All fees are for the application processing and will not be refunded if the application is incomplete, denied or the card is revoked. (ARM 37.107.117 (6))
- Updates to information can be submitted through an Agent Update Application through Complia's Industry Portal and must be reported timely to the department.
Forms and Resources