Montana Medical Marijuana Program
Laboratories must have a valid license displayed in their place of business that is easily identifiable. Employees (Agents) must have their employee badge on them at all times during working hours.
- Payment must be made online by Credit/Debit Card, ACH, or mail in a check or money order. Mailed in payments will be processed upon receipt and may delay your application. No cash is allowed. Do NOT send cash.
- Only one payment per application type will be accepted.
- Each application must have its own individual payment.
- All fees are for the application processing and will not be refunded if the application is incomplete, denied or the card is revoked.
Lab Application Requirements
- All lab applicants will apply online via Complia’s Industry Portal
- The following is required to submit an application for a lab license:
- Persons of interest (anyone with an ownership interest) & Scientific Director’s must submit fingerprints and have their background check complete, before an application can be processed.
- Copy of MT Driver’s License, MT State ID, Tribal ID, or Passport for the Scientific Director and each person of interest. If submitting a passport, include a proof of residency document for each passport. Acceptable proof of residency documents include a utility bill or lease agreement. Please contact the Montana Medical Marijuana Program for additional guidance.
- If a lab applicant is renting or leasing the property where marijuana is tested, include a notarized Landlord Permission Form
- Scientific Director’s Resume
- Register for an employee badge (remind employees to register as well).
- Lab applications will be processed in the order received
- An email notification will be sent upon receipt of application. After review, an email indicating approval, rejection, or denial will be sent. Further instructions will be included if applicable.
- If your application was rejected, follow the Application Rejection Process to remediate the outstanding issues and resubmit your application.
- When an application is approved, an email notification will be sent with instructions on how to get credentialed into METRC’s tracking system. Access to METRC is not available until a business license application has been approved.
- Expiration dates will be 1 year from the day the application is approved.
- Submit Renewal applications 45 days before expiration date to allow for processing. Renewal notifications will be emailed 45 days before license(s) expire.
- Contact Montana Medical Marijuana Program (406) 444-0596 for questions regarding the application process.
- Changes to employees are managed through METRC.
- These changes must be submitted to the department within 10 days to avoid being revoked from the registry:
- Personal information
- Change in ownership
- Change in Scientific Director
- Request to be removed from registry