Montana Medical Marijuana Program
Providers and Dispensaries must have valid licenses displayed in their place of business that is easily identifiable. Employees (Agents) must have their employee badge on them at all times during working hours
Complia & METRC Application Quick Guide for Providers
Provider FAQ - (New FAQ coming soon)
|Canopy - Micro Tier
|Canopy Tier 1
|Canopy Tier 2
|Canopy Tier 3
|Canopy Tier 4
|Canopy Tier 5
|Canopy Tier 6
|Canopy Tier 7
|Canopy Tier 8
|Canopy Tier 9
|Chemical Manufacturing Endorsement (MIPP)
|MIPP Location (each)
|Dispensary (One Registered Premise)
|Dispensary (Two or Three Registered Premises)
|Dispensary (Four or Five Registered Premises)
|Dispensary (Six or More Registered Premises)
|Employee (Agent) Badges
- Payment must be made online by Credit/Debit Card, ACH, or mail in a check or money order. Mailed in payments will be processed upon receipt and may delay your application. No cash is allowed. Do NOT send cash.
- Only one payment per application type will be accepted. Each application must have its own individual payment.
- All fees are for the application processing and will not be refunded if the application is incomplete, denied or the license is revoked.
Provider/MIPP Application Requirements
- Separate applications are required to be submitted for each license application type.
- Provider (no chemical manufacturing endorsement)
- You must have a valid provider license to apply for your MIPP (Chemical Manufacturing Endorsement)
- You can apply separately for your provider license and MIPP endorsement OR
- Apply for both at the same time (select "MIPP" application type)
- Employee (Agent) Badge
- Once you have been approved for your business license, METRC Level 1 Training must be completed.
- To enroll or verify if training is complete, contact METRC Support, (877) 566-6506
- All registered provider applicants apply online via Complia’s Industry Portal
- The following is required when you submit your application for a Provider and/or MIPP license
- Persons of interest (anyone with an ownership interest) must submit fingerprints and have their background check complete, before an application can be processed.
- How to get your fingerprints rolled and background check completed.
- Signed Applicant Rights and Consent to Fingerprint for each person of interest. Please Note:
- If you are renewing your annual business license or are a new provider, you must submit new fingerprints.
- If you are renewing your annual business license early, you may use fingerprints from your last application if taken within 6 months. During the application process, indicate your provider license number on the general information tab when prompted. You will still upload consent to fingerprint documents and sign the "Request to Waive Fingerprints" portion at the bottom of the form. The department will verify your current provider license and last fingerprint results on file.
- If you have a valid provider license, you may use the same fingerprints if done within 1 year to add a MIPP (Chemical Manufacturing Endorsement) or Dispensary License . During the application process, indicate your provider license number on the general information tab when prompted. You will still upload consent to fingerprint documents and sign the "Request to Waive Fingerprints" portion at the bottom of the form. The department will verify your provider license and last fingerprint results on file.
- Copy of MT Driver’s License, MT State ID, Tribal ID, or Passport for each person of interest. If submitting a passport, include a proof of residency document for each passport. Acceptable proof of residency documents include a utility bill or lease agreement. Please contact the Montana Medical Marijuana Program for additional guidance.
- If you are NEW provider, you must submit proof you have been a Montana resident for at least 3 years as required by the Medical Marijuana Act. Example: 3 years of tax returns.
- If renting or leasing the property where you are cultivating and manufacturing marijuana, include a notarized Landlord Permission Form
- Register for an employee badge (remind employees to register as well)
- Provider applications will be processed in the order received.
- An email notification will be sent upon receipt of application. After review, an email indicating approval, rejection, or denial will be sent. Further instructions will be included if applicable.
- If your application was rejected, follow the Application Rejection Process to remediate the outstanding issues and resubmit your application.
- When an application is approved, an email notification will be sent with instructions on how to get credentialed into METRC’s tracking system. Access to METRC is not available until a business license application has been approved.
- Once your Provider License has been approved you will need to apply for your dispensary license.
- Expiration dates will be 1 year from the day the application is approved.
- Submit Renewal applications 45 days before expiration date to allow for processing. Renewal notifications will be emailed 45 days before license(s) expire.
- Refer to the Montana API Validation Process and Montana API User Agreement for the 3rd party POS vendors to gain access to METRC's API, if applicable.
- Contact Montana Medical Marijuana Program (406) 444-0596 for questions regarding the application process.
- Changes to employees or cardholders are managed through METRC.
- These changes must be submitted to the department within 10 days to avoid being revoked from the registry:
- Personal information
- Change in ownership
- Request to be removed from registry