ICC Goals and Benchmarks
The ICC has 5 youth risk behavior prevention-related goals and associated benchmarks.
- Reduce child abuse and neglect by promoting child safety and healthy family functioning.
- Reduce youth use of tobacco, alcohol and other drugs by promoting alternate activities and healthy lifestyles.
- Reduce youth violence and crime by promoting the safety of all citizens.
- Reduce school dropout by increasing the percentage of high school students who successfully transition from school to work, postsecondary education, training and/or military.
- Reduce teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases by promoting the concept that sexual activity, pregnancy and child rearing are serious responsibilities.