To read more about conditions and directions for online renewal please read below.
Mailing address or email address cannot be updated here, please go to Update your Licensed Establishment Contact Info on the website fcss.mt.gov
Ownership and location changes must go through your local county Environmental Health Department, see our webpage to find the contact information fcss.mt.gov
We now provide customers with the opportunity to renew existing licenses online! We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AmEx) and electronic checks. There will be a nominal transaction fee of approximately $2.00 to $5.00 per license.
This online service is provided by a third party working in partnership with the state of Montana. The total amount includes funds used to develop, maintain, and enhance the state's official web portal, mt.gov.
The transaction fee is calculated as follows:
Credit/Debit Cards: $1.25 per transaction + approx. 2% of purchase amount (License fees).
Electronic Checks: $2.00 per transaction, regardless of purchase amount.
This fee is added to the license fee listed in the 'Transaction Summary' when a 'Payment Type' is selected.
This transaction fee is NOT refundable.
A $10.00 return fee will be charged on all transactions returned for insufficient funds.
Credit card data: It is our policy that the information on customer credit card numbers is not permanently retained.
To begin the process, you will need:
- The renewal notice recently mailed to you in November, or a copy of your license; and,
- Banking information – either a credit/debit card or the bank information found on the bottom of your checks.
To renew, just follow the 5 steps on the website. You will have the opportunity to print a receipt when the process is complete, and a receipt will be sent to the email provided in Customer Information, keep this for your records. If a receipt does not appear, then the renewal process may not have been successful; please call FCS at (406) 444-2415 after three (3) business days if you didn’t get a receipt. FCSS cannot reprint receipts.
- Do not use the '&' (ampersand) symbol in the 'ESTABLISHMENT NAME', just leave a blank space.
- Items marked with an * are required information.
- Under 'FIRST NAME' and 'LAST NAME' in the 'Customer Information' section, you may enter the name of the owner, the name of the manager, or the name of the person entering the information.
If you have any questions, please call FCS at (406) 444-2415 or email us at email@example.com. Thank you!