Retail Food Establishments


Where do food regulations come from?

The Department of Public Health and Human Services is authorized in state law (often referred to as MCAs) to adopt administrative rules or ARMs to regulate food safety throughout the state.  The current ARMs are written to adopt most of the federal model food code.  Below you will find links to the MCAs, the ARMs, and the 2013 Food Code.  The ARMs were adopted January 1, 2015.

Health & Disinfection Guidance

Other Helpful Information