Restaurant Resources

Rules and Regulations

Where do the food regulations come from?

The Department of Public Health and Human Services is authorized in state law (often referred to as M.C.A.'s) to adopt administrative rules or A.R.M.'s to regulate food safety throughout the state.  The current A.R.M.'s are written to adopt most of the federal model food code.  Below you will find links to the MCA's, the A.R.M.s, and the 2013 Food Code.  The A.R.M.'s were adopted January 1, 2015.

Service Animals

Employee Health and Personal Hygiene Handbook

Bare Hand Contact



Certified Food Protection Manager Courses

More information regarding retail food licensing