To Renew Your License You Will Need:
The Renewal Notice/Courtesy Reminder, or a copy of your current license(s)
Banking information – either a credit/debit card or your bank routing number (found on the bottom of your checks).
Conditions for online renewal:
- Accepted methods of payment
- Electronic check
- Transactions returned for insufficient funds will be charged a $10 return fee.
- A non-refundable transaction fee will be applied during the “Transaction Summary,” when ‘Payment Type’ is selected. This non-refundable transaction fee is calculated as follows:
- Credit/Debit Cards - $1.19 per transaction + 3% of License fee(s).
- Electronic Checks - $1.19 per transaction.
TIPS for Online Renewal:
- The service provider will lead you through 5 steps for online payment.
- There will be an option to print a receipt when the process is complete, and a copy will be sent to the email you provided in Customer Information. If a receipt does not appear at completion of payment, then the renewal process may not have been successful. Please call FCS at (406) 444-2837 after seven (7) business days if you didn’t get a receipt. While FCSS cannot reprint receipts, we may be able confirm payment was received.
- Do not use the '&' (ampersand) symbol in the 'ESTABLISHMENT NAME', just leave a blank space.
- Items marked with an * are required information.
- Under 'FIRST NAME' and 'LAST NAME' in the 'Customer Information' section, you may enter the name of the owner, the name of the manager, or the name of the person entering the information.
- To update contact information please go to Update Contact Information for Licensees here.
- New Owners must contact the Local Environmental Health Department, find their contact info here.
Disclaimer and Disclosures:
- This online service is provided by a third party working in partnership with the State of Montana.
- FCSS does not retain customer credit card numbers.
- FCSS does not take payment over the phone.
- License fee overpayments will be refunded by check
If you have any questions, please call FCS at (406) 444-2415 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a concern about a licensed public facility such as a restaurant, hotel, trailer court, tattoo artist, or swimming pool? Did you witness a violation of local or state COVID regulations? File a complaint here.
The Mission of Food and Consumer Safety is to protect consumers and promote environmental health providing leadership, education, and services.