Department of Public Health and Human Services
Public Health & Safety » Primary Care » Recruitment and Retention
Recruitment and Retention
Recruitment Resources for Montana Primary Care Positions
- National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Job Vacancies
- 3rnet - Matching healthcare professionals with Communities
- Rural Health Information Hub - Rural Assistance Center: Funding Opportunities, Community Health Workers Tool Kits, Rural Health Issues, etc.
- The National Center for Rural Health Works looked at CMS cost reports for 1,261 independent Rural Health Clinics (RHCs) to estimate the economic impact of employment on their communities. The study finds that an RHC with a full-time physician can generate about 10 jobs and income of more than $800,000 for people directly employed by the clinic. As those staff buy goods and services, secondary employment and labor income is generated within the community. The total estimated annual economic impact of an independent RHC was 12.6 local jobs and $1,009,299 in wages, salaries and benefits.
- Community Health Association of Mountain/Plains State (CHAMPS) - The mission of CHAMPS is to provide opportunities for education and training, networking, and workforce development to Region VIII (Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming) Community Health Centers so we can better serve our patients and communities. Current information and updates are available in their quarterly newsletters.
- Star2 Center: a project of the Association of Clinicians for the Underserved, which offers a variety of free tools and resources to help health centers address clinician recruitment and retention. The Star 2 Center is funded through a national cooperative agreement from HRSAs Bureau of Primary Health Care and all services are provided free of charge.