Get Help Paying for Child Care

The Department offers Best Beginnings child care scholorships to qualified low-income families who send their children to licensed child-care centers, registered group or family child care homes, or legally unregistered child care providers. Each family participates in the cost of care by making co-payments based on family income.

Scholarships are available to families whom get cash assistance through the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program while participating in Family Investment Agreement activities and demonstrating a need for child care.