Walk with Ease Self-Directed Program
The Walk with Ease Self-Directed Program is a six week walking program for anyone who would like to start or maintain a low impact exercise program. The Montana Health Care and Benefits Division has approved this program as an eligible activity for the Next Steps Discount. This incentive for the Walk with Ease program is available to all members and their enrolled spouse/domestic partner.
Walk with Ease Structure
- Program is self-directed
- Six week walking program
- Participants must walk a minimum of three days per week
- Program is designed for all fitness levels
- Participants have the option to receive a Walk with Ease workbook
- Participants will receive weekly encouragement emails from instructor
- In order for program to go towards the Next Steps Discount, each participant must:
- Complete sign up questionnaire
- Report weekly walking minutes
- Complete post questionnaire at the end of the program
- Walk with Ease Frequently Asked Questions
To register for a class, please find a start date below and click on the link. For more information please contact Melissa VanderVos at email@example.com.
Walk with Ease Dates - Sign up below
July 31 - September 11, 2017
Register by July 27, 2017
September 18 - October 30, 2017
Register by September 14, 2017
State of Montana Better Choices, Better Health
The Better Choices, Better Health Program, developed by Stanford, is a six week online program developed for people with a chronic condition who want to learn to build confidence and self-management skills through action planning, sharing experiences and mutual support. This program is done entirely online, guided by trained leaders and has about 25 participants per workshop. You can choose the days and times that are most convenient for you. If you live with a chronic disease or an ongoing health condition, or if you are a caretaker of someone with a chronic illness, you are eligible to participate.
Learning better self-management skills can help you:
- Manage challenging health conditions by taking your medicines correctly, exercising more, eating better, and communicating more effectively with your family, doctors, and health care providers.
- Deal with difficult symptoms such as pain, anxiety, and fatigue.
- Cope with feelings related to your health condition, such as anger, fear, or uncertainty about the future.
- Carry out normal activities such as chores, work, and socializing with friends and family.
- Feel happier and more confident.
The first workshop will begin Monday, October 3, 2016. If you are unable to join a class on that date or if it is full, new workshops will start every Monday. Spaces are limited, so sign up today!
To pre-register for the Better Choices, Better Health Program click on the link below. Once you have pre-registered, you will receive an email with further instructions within one week. For more information please contact Heather Welch firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-444-0958.
**Please note the Better Choices, Better Health program does not count towards the Next Steps Discount.