Alzheimer’s Disease Resources
The National Alzheimer’s Association Web site (www.alz.org) is a trusted source for answers about Alzheimer’s disease. With over 1,000 pages of content, the site is a rich resource and offers:
- Information about the disease
- Tips for caregivers and for people living with Alzheimer’s
- Tools to assist with caregiving and planning
- Contact information to reach free 24/7 professional care consultation in over 150 languages
- Opportunities for sharing insights and receiving support on the message boards.
5 "Pocket" Films by the Alliance for Aging Research
The Alliance for Aging Research offers 5 “pocket” films to increase understanding of Alzheimer's disease. They are called "pocket" films because of their brevity and portability; they are designed to be viewed anywhere at anytime.
- What is Alzheimer’s disease
- An Urgent Epidemic
- The Race to the Cure
- A message for Patients and their Families
- The Genetics of Alzheimer's
To find out more about respite care services for Alzheimer’s Disease caregivers, please contact your local Area Agency on Aging at 1-800-551-3191.