Department of Public Health and Human Services
Opioid » Get Involved
- The Overdose Data to Action (OD2A) grant is a 3-year grant from the CDC that focuses on the complex opioid overdose epidemic and highlights the need for comprehensive prevention methods. Surveillance activities are put in place to gather data on suspected overdoses and in return helps monitor trends and assists in creating direct prevention activities. The prevention component will strengthen prescription drug monitoring programs, improve state-local integration, establish linkages to care and improve provider and health system support.
- This program builds upon the previous CDC program, Data-Driven Prevention Initiative.
- More information on the OD2A grant or previous CDC grants.
SUDS Task Force
- The Opioid Abuse Strategic Task Force was formed in the summer of 2016. Through collaboration with many state and external partners, it became clear that a statewide plan to address all substance use disorders should be developed. The Addressing Substance Use Disorders in Montana Strategic Plan was developed and put out in 2017, and the task force was renamed the Montana Substance Use Strategic Task Force. The plan is intended to be a living document to include additional metrics and strategies over time as new data, evidence and trends emerge. The Task Force continues to meet quarterly, and a review of the strategic plan is scheduled for early 2020. Anyone is welcome to join the meetings, which occur at the Delta Marriott in Helena, Montana from 10am to 3pm on the scheduled dates.
- 2020-2021 Meeting Dates: December 2nd, January 27th, April 21st and July 21st.