Montana CACFPEligible Programs

Public, private, non-profit, and for-profit care programs are eligible to participate with the following requirements:

  1. For-profit programs must have at least 25% of participants with income eligibility in either a free or reduced category.  These categories are based on the USDA's Income Eligibility Guidelines.
  2. Non-profit programs must provide proof of non-profit status.
  3. Except for homeless shelters, only non-residential facilities may qualify for participation.
  4. Income Eligibility Forms are required for all programs except for At-Risk Afterschool Programs or Homeless Shelters.
  5. With the exception of Day Care Homes, all participating institutions must sign an agreement to participate with the State agency.  Day Care homes must sign an agreement to participate with a Sponsoring Organization of Day Care Homes.

Eligible programs include:

  • Adult Day Care Centers: Provide structured, comprehensive services to adults who are age 60 or older, or who are physically or mentally impaired to the extent that limits independence and ability to carry out activities of daily living.
  • At-Risk Afterschool Programs: Serve children attending a school in which 50% or more of the children are receiving free and reduced-priced school lunches. Eligibility is based on school data provided by the Montana Office of Public Instruction. Programs must have organized, regularly scheduled activities that include education or enrichment activities.  Athletic programs engaged in interscholastic or community level competitive sports are not eligible. Learn more about other afterschool meal programs.
  • Child Care Center Programs: Serve children attending licensed or approved child care centers which care for large numbers of children or head start programs.  Centers must be licensed with Child Care Licensing to provide day care services.
  • Day Care Home Programs: Serve children attending non-residential day care in family day care homes of 6 children or less and group day care homes of 12 children or less in approved private homes. Homes must be registered with Child Care Licensing.
  • Homeless Shelters: Provide emergency residential shelter and food services to homeless children.
  • Outside School Hours Programs: Serve school age children up to age 12 attending a care program outside of regular school hours, such as before and after school, holidays, or during the summer vacation break.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer