This Resource Center is designed to provide information to health care professionals, as well as people with diabetes and their families, by linking them to helpful online support.
August 2nd 2021: Insulin and Pattern Management with James A. Bennet, BsPharm, CDCES, BCGP.
View recording for August 2021 webinar
January 21st 2021: Covid-19, Diabetes & Obesity, A brief Exploration of What we have Learned with Dr. Neil Kaminsky.
December 13th 2016: Using Telehealth to Deliver Diabetes Prevention Programs.
Diabetes: What is it? Who should be screened?
See these resources from the American Diabetes Association (ADA)
Diabetes Risk Test
- Find out your risk for developing type 2 diabetesLiving with Diabetes
- Treatment and care tipsDiabetes Symptoms
- Usual signs of diabetesType 1 Diabetes
- Previously known as juvenile diabetesType 2 Diabetes
- Most common form of diabetesGestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM)
- Diabetes diagnosed during pregnancyDiabetes Statistics
- National statistics
Diabetes Care and Prevention Information for Clinicians and their Patients
Organizations Supporting Healthcare Professionals and People with Diabetes
Medication and Test Strip Assistance
Partnership for Prescriptions Assistance
- This program helps you access public or private programs most likely to meet your needs. The Partnership for Prescription Assistance offers a single point of access to hundreds of public and private patient assistance programs. Eligibility requirements vary from program to program. Contact the Partnership for Prescription Assistance toll-free at 1-888-477-2669
or at www.pparx.org
340B Drug Pricing Program & Pharmacy Affairs
- This site provides information about purchasing 340B discounted drugs for eligible health care organizations/covered entities, such as Federally Qualified Health Centers, Critical Access Hospitals, and Local Health Departments. The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) requires drug manufacturers to provide outpatient drugs to these entities at reduced prices.
Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- The Federal Trade Commission provides useful consumer information regarding prescription savings programs and generic drugs.
- Information about the specific drug plans available in a particular area and about Medicare drug plans in general are available by calling 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227
) or going to www.medicare.gov
- NeedyMeds keeps up-to-date information from pharmaceutical companies on patient assistance programs.
- Funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, RxAssist is a web-based medication resource center for providers, advocates, consumers and caregivers.
- RxHope contracts directly with pharmaceutical companies to provide an electronic application process for their patient assistance programs. RxHope provides this service to physicians and patients free of charge.
- Rx Outreach is a non-profit charity that provides critical medicine for people who can't afford it. The charity offers more than 500 medications through a mail-order pharmacy that delivers to all 50 states. With support of generous donors, Rx Outreach helps more than 85,000 people each year get the medications they need to stay healthy.
Retail Prescription Program
- Many retail stores offer low-cost medication options. The local pharmacy or local health department may also make low-cost medication available.
Questions and comments on the Resource Center may be sent to the Office Manager.