2019 Certificate of Need
Annual Health Care Facility Reports
State of Montana law requires that health care facilities complete annual certificate of need reports. The information collected each year is accessed by many people across the state and nation. Data is utilized by the Certificate of Need Program to determine patient need in communities around the state. Because the information in this report may affect the health care services in your community, it is important to be as accurate as possible.
The following health care facilities are required to complete an annual Certificate of Need Health Care Facility Report:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) and Hospitals
- Home Health Agencies, and
- Long-Term Care Facilities
Reports will be available online January 1st and submitted using ePass Montana.
*The web-based report form may not work using Internet Explorer and it is highly recommended to not use this browser to complete the reports. The web-based report form is compatible with Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Safari**
DPHHS Annual Certificate of Need Reports
Note: The reporting system will timeout after a period of inactivity (around 15 minutes). If a system timeout occurs, data could potentially be lost. Moving from one tab to another within reports automatically saves data and resets the timer.
- PDF documents are available on the introduction page for each report to print the report and record data prior to starting the online report.
- Draft reports can be saved and completed later
- Review drafts and completed reports by selecting "Home" at the top of the page and the "View" option
- Facilities can save and print completed reports
If you have any questions, please contact:
Certificate of Need Program
P.O. Box 202953
Helena, MT 59620-2953
(406) 444-1742 (Fax)