Travel Vaccine Information
This page contains immunization information for travel outside the United States for travelers and healthcare providers.
Immunization considerations when traveling outside the United States.
Travel vaccines may be recommended for your travel destination. Vaccines are an effective way to protect you and those traveling with you against certain diseases.
Learn which travel vaccines are recommended for travel to specific destinations.
Review your vaccination history. The Montana Immunization Information System, imMTrax, is a computer based system that stores one, complete immunization record for Montanans. imMTrax combines records from multiple immunization providers to form one shot record. Your immunization history stays in one location, even if you move or change healthcare providers. Learn more about finding your immunization record.
- Staying up-to-date on routine vaccines is important to make sure you are protected against vaccine-preventable diseases. Learn about the recommended vaccinations for children, preteens/teens, and adults.
Consider contacting your healthcare provider or local county health department about your travel plans. A pre-travel appointment may be recommended for your travel destination.
- Authorized Yellow Fever Clinics in Montana (if yellow fever is required for your travel). Please review the "Travelers Needing Yellow Fever Vaccination" information below.
Keep your patients protected against vaccine-preventable diseases.
Recommend vaccines for your patient depending on their travel destination.
Learn which vaccines are required for specific destinations.
- Authorized Yellow Fever Clinics in Montana. Please review the "Travelers Needing Yellow Fever Vaccination" information below.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Yellow Book: Health Information for International Travel
Check your patient's vaccine history. Patient's vaccine history can looked up using imMTrax, Montana's Immunization Information System. imMTrax brings together multiple immunization records from Montana healthcare providers (public and private) and parental "shot cards" to form one complete, electronically preserved record. Learn more about imMTrax.
Stay up-to-date on travel notices.
Learn about travel health notices.
Travel Vaccine Resources:
Travelers Needing Yellow Fever Vaccination
Yellow fever vaccine may be limited in the coming months. If your travel agenda requires a yellow fever vaccination contact the yellow fever vaccine provider located nearest you on this list, Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinics in the USA. If the nearest clinic to you does not have vaccine, RiverStone Health in Billings has been designated as a site for the yellow fever vaccine STAMARIL®. Contact RiverStone Health Immunization Clinic six weeks in advance to schedule an appointment at:
RiverStone Health Immunization Clinic
123 South 27th Street
Billings, Montana 59101
Phone: (406) 247-3382
Hours: Monday 1-4:30pm; Wednesday 11am-5:30pm; Friday 1-4:30pm
How Do I . . .
- Find my immunization records?
- Find out about Vaccines for Children?
- Find the State of Montana-Certificate of Immunization form?
- Report a temperature excursion involving public vaccine?
- Find out more information about child care and school immunization requirements?
- Contact the Montana Immunization Program?