Montana Smokefree Housing
Click any key to view the Smokefree Housing Fact Sheet.
The Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)
HUD provides federal aid to local housing agencies that manage housing for low-income residents. As of August, 2018, all HUD-funded Public Housing Authorities are required be smokefree! Section 8 (Housing Choice Voucher program) & Tribal Housing Authorities are not required to be smokefree.
- The HUD rule disallows the use of tobacco products in the following 7 areas:
- Indoor areas of public housing
- Living units
- Indoor common areas
- Electrical closets
- Storage units
- PHA administrative office buildings
- All outdoor areas within 25 feet of the housing & administrative office buildings
- MT Public Housing Authorities Covered by the HUD rule