Information and Resources
Identification of these products does not necessarily reflect the endorsement of the Lifespan Respite Coalition nor the Department of Public Health and Human Services.
Montana Support Groups
Support groups offer a safe place to seek and give advice, share emotions and experiences and exchange practical strategies for coping. Support groups can provide hope and a renewed sense of self.
Many communities also offer disease specific support groups. For the most current information about support groups in your area, call the Aging Disability Resource Center or the Area Agency on Aging at 1-800-551-3191.
Montana Specific Web Sites
Caregiver Web Resources
- Environmental modifications - Modifications added to a home that may help a person with a medical or disabling condition to adapt to their changing needs (e.g. ramps, grab-bar in the shower or near a toilet or widened doorways for a wheelchair)
- Medical Needs
- Pill Reminder Pro – Mobile app from iTunes (Available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices)
- Philips Medication Dispensing System – countertop appliance that reminds person to take pills and delivers the correct dosage.
- Communication needs
- Dragon Diction – This application allows you dictate text and send it as an email message. Reminders ( i.e. for appointments) can also be dictated. (Available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices)
- Maintaining Independence and Safety
- Sensor monitors (Wireless sensor (not a camera) to normal patterns of daily activities. Installation and monthly fees)
- GPS Footwear System – Pair of shoes with GPS technology.